– MAKE IT HAPPEN –
12-14 July 2017
The Symposium of Mexican Studies and Students is an annual multidisciplinary meeting that provides a forum to present current academic work, exchange knowledge and ideas, and enhance professional networks.
Throughout fourteen years, the Symposium has become the most relevant academic event in the United Kingdom for Mexican students and researchers.
This year, the XV Symposium of Mexican Students and Studies will be held on 12-14 July 2017 at Durham University.
The objective of this event is to bring together the Mexican student community in the UK, as well as students and academics interested in Mexican studies, across the following areas:
- Science and Technology
- Politics, Society and Human Rights
- Arts and humanities
- Special panel on Energy
With the slogan ‘Make it Happen’, we aim to promote collaborative work, innovative ideas and practical solutions which could generate a significant positive impact in the scientific, social, and political spheres in Mexico, and its role in the international community.
The Symposium will feature plenary sessions by renowned keynote speakers from different fields, in addition to panel discussions based on individual presentations and poster sessions from postgraduate students.
Call for Abstracts
Please submit your abstract for a poster, individual presentation or panel discussions (up to five panellists) by 28 April 2017.
Visit www.symposiummx.com/preregistration/ for further instructions and guidelines on how to apply.
Accommodation and Travel
Booking in advance is always a good idea. Our website will feature useful accommodation tips for a wide range of budgets.
We are working very hard to cover part of your travel and accommodation expenses.
If you live outside Durham, please make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we will publish further funding opportunities for participants.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to any people you think may be interested in attending this event.
We look forward to seeing you in July!
- XIV Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Edinburgh 2016
- XIII Symposium: organised by MexSoc – UCL 2015
- XII Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Leeds 2014
- XI Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Sheffield 2013
- X Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Imperial College London 2012
- IX Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Essex 2011
- VIII Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Manchester 2010
- VII Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Cambridge 2009
- VI Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Imperial College London 2008
- V Symposium: organised by MexSoc – Sussex 2007